An unquestionable treasure among Guilford's array of antique homes, The Thomas Burgis II House, constructed between 1707 and 1735, was lovingly modernized, preserved and restored. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and awarded a Certificate of Merit for its modernization and preservation by the Guilford Preservation Alliance, it is situated on perhaps the most attractive site in the vicinity of Guilford's much acclaimed Town Green. Occupying approximately one acre, the property includes four well preserved mid-19th Century outbuildings - a large "English Barn", a corn-crib, a carriage house used as a two car garage and a "3 seater outhouse". The house has three bedrooms, a study/bedroom, a keeping room/dining room, a dining room/bedroom, kitchen, mudroom, full attic and two cellars. There is a massive central chimney, four fireplaces and an 18th century bake oven. Centrally air conditioned and heated with natural gas, remotely controlled, it has low voltage lighting with state of the art fixtures. Of particular note is the property itself. Landscaped with a stream and bridge which together with its trees (including a espaliered pear and very old Quince) and perennial gardens has been the subject of local admiration and garden tours. The property is of unusual beauty and landscaped with unusual effectiveness.
Listing information provided courtesy of SmartMLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.